One Piece
Waspinator Offline Predacon Punching Bag

More info
31st August 2011 07:23 AM
I was gonna post this in the anime thread, but I think this series deserves it's own thread.

For the 4 of you who don't know, One Piece is a popular comic/tv series about a man (or boy?) named Monkey D. Luffy who wants to find a treasure that will (for whatever reason) make him king of the pirates. There's all this other stuff, but that's not important. Look it up on Wiki. mlp-pmad

After hearing all sorts of good things about this show and reading about it's ridiculous length, I've decided to dedicate the next year of my life to watching all 500+ episodes of One Piece. I had only seen the ever popular fan favorite 4kids dub so this is my first time watching it "properly". Tell me, fellow fans/non-fans/haters of the show what you think of this whole series? Characters, story arcs, awesome/funny/sad scenes. Come and share your tales with me. With all of us.

[Image: tumblr_mdalm6YEqg1qbu8ca.gif]
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyGreen with EnvySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Fire Python Offline Not always the brightest

More info
31st August 2011 07:28 AM
I think its a great manga except for those occasional really stupid/unfunny jokes.

And Crocodile is a complete boss

I'm boring, go away
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyGreen with EnvySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Terton Offline Renegade Rock

More info
31st August 2011 07:33 AM
I haven't read/watched it for a while. I really should start again...
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
31st August 2011 09:33 AM
Why does every single person have to have some kind of depressing past? For being so happy this series is kinda tragic.

AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Chimera Uprising Offline Thread Derailer

More info
31st August 2011 10:38 AM
The best part of the entire series is the CP9 Saga. It has two major arcs, the extremely emotional Water 7 arc, where everyone is torn apart. Then there's the Enies Lobby arc, which has the best fight scenes.

I watched all 500 episodes, starting last year. It's really difficult when the quality of the episodes are so low online, but I can tell you that it was worth it. I'm currently waiting for the timeskip in the anime.

[Image: 76561198026328152.png]
Informative x1 (list)
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
31st August 2011 06:42 PM
I saw this opening and that was the thing that made me go "Alright, I'll watch the show. Shit".

Mlp-dawesome

PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
B.V. Offline Derailing Master

More info
31st August 2011 06:51 PM
YOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO

Life is beautiful.
Change yourself, progress.
Love.
[Image: AT7lh.gif]
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Xenoyia Offline <?php echo $title; ?>

More info
31st August 2011 07:19 PM
(31st August 2011 06:51 PM)B.V. Wrote:  YOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO

SKULL JOKE

[Image: 4efa1b6c430a8892719568.png]
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some applesROLL FIZZLEBEEF!
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
31st August 2011 07:24 PM
So, what's everyone's favorite arc?

PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
1st September 2011 08:29 PM
I'll get back to you on that. I just finished the arc where they get Usopp on the crew.

PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Nina Offline No.1

More info
3rd September 2011 05:07 PM
It's my second favorite manga. :3 My only gripe is the gratuitous fanservice. Mlp-fscared

I mean... it's kinda distracting. Otherwise I love everything about it.
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJelly2spoopyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
3rd September 2011 05:10 PM
That Mihawk guy is a total boss.

AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulFabulousPessimisticArtisticCrazyGreen with EnvySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
3rd September 2011 05:12 PM
(1st September 2011 08:29 PM)Waspinator Wrote:  I'll get back to you on that. I just finished the arc where they get Usopp on the crew.

So long to go. I hated the early arcs.

If anyone wants to get a good start, I recommend the 10th movie, Strong World. It's easily the best, you can get in from anywhere, and it's canon.

AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyGreen with EnvySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some applesROLL FIZZLEBEEF!
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Nina Offline No.1

More info
3rd September 2011 05:12 PM
(31st August 2011 07:24 PM)Chimera Uprising Wrote:  So, what's everyone's favorite arc?
I'm actually a big fan of Impel Down myself. Though CP9 was great too.

But... dem okamas. Mlp-foops
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeHeartsUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
3rd September 2011 05:13 PM
(3rd September 2011 05:10 PM)Waspinator Wrote:  That Mihawk guy is a total boss.

You should see him during the Whitebeard War saga.

(3rd September 2011 05:12 PM)Nina Wrote:  I'm actually a big fan of Impel Down myself. Though CP9 was great too.

But... dem okamas. Mlp-foops
Impel Down was really Grim compared to the rest of the show. A sea of boiling blood, a forest of metal trees and grass coated red by blood, a desert where the sand is made from bone. It really set the tone for the war.

Strong World Trailer

(This post was last modified: 3rd September 2011 05:23 PM by Chimera Uprising.)
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJelly2spoopyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
B.V. Offline Derailing Master

More info
3rd September 2011 05:41 PM
(3rd September 2011 05:13 PM)Chimera Uprising Wrote:  

Oh god portuguese subtitles

Life is beautiful.
Change yourself, progress.
Love.
[Image: AT7lh.gif]
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Nina Offline No.1

More info
3rd September 2011 05:55 PM
I just loved Strong World. o.o I don't watch the OP anime but that movie was so good.
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJelly3spooky5meWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some applesROLL FIZZLEBEEF!
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
3rd September 2011 06:14 PM
(3rd September 2011 05:55 PM)Nina Wrote:  I just loved Strong World. o.o I don't watch the OP anime but that movie was so good.

Yeah I'm going to rewatch now, have a torrent downloading.

AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeHeartsUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticBananas!JellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some applesROLL FIZZLEBEEF!
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Nina Offline No.1

More info
3rd September 2011 06:18 PM
(3rd September 2011 06:14 PM)Chimera Uprising Wrote:  Yeah I'm going to rewatch now, have a torrent downloading.
I've already seen it twice. I should watch it in HD now that I have a better computer though. Mlp-pshrug
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some applesROLL FIZZLEBEEF!
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
3rd September 2011 06:23 PM
(3rd September 2011 06:18 PM)Nina Wrote:  I've already seen it twice. I should watch it in HD now that I have a better computer though. Mlp-pshrug

You excited for the new PS3 One Piece game they announced? My dream One Piece game is a 2D fighter that plays like a mix between Street Fighter and Blazblue, but a Dynasty Warriors game is better than nothing.

PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Nina Offline No.1

More info
3rd September 2011 06:26 PM
(3rd September 2011 06:23 PM)Chimera Uprising Wrote:  You excited for the new PS3 One Piece game they announced? My dream One Piece game is a 2D fighter that plays like a mix between Street Fighter and Blazblue, but a Dynasty Warriors game is better than nothing.
I'm kinda disappointed. I would've want something less generic for OP. Mlp-pshrug

Then again if done right those games can be great too. Like Ken's Rage was.
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
3rd September 2011 06:28 PM
(3rd September 2011 06:26 PM)Nina Wrote:  I'm kinda disappointed. I would've want something less generic for OP. Mlp-pshrug

Then again if done right those games can be great too. Like Ken's Rage was.

I honestly don't care, OP needs a game on this generation's consoles. What I really want is Gigant Battle 2, which is coming out rather soon.

PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Nina Offline No.1

More info
3rd September 2011 06:37 PM
(3rd September 2011 06:28 PM)Chimera Uprising Wrote:  I honestly don't care, OP needs a game on this generation's consoles. What I really want is Gigant Battle 2, which is coming out rather soon.
Was the first one any good? It seemed to play like JUS which I loved.
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
3rd September 2011 07:10 PM
(3rd September 2011 06:37 PM)Nina Wrote:  Was the first one any good? It seemed to play like JUS which I loved.

I liked it, but had trouble since there was no English Patch. A lot of people hate it because Robin, Franky and Brook are not playable, which is bullshit.

AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticBananas!JellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Nina Offline No.1

More info
3rd September 2011 07:13 PM
(3rd September 2011 07:10 PM)Chimera Uprising Wrote:  I liked it, but had trouble since there was no English Patch. A lot of people hate it because Robin, Franky and Brook are not playable, which is bullshit.
They're some of my favorites. Mlp-tshock That's lame.

But I doubt I'd have problem playing in Japanese. I did just fine with JUS too. :3
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
3rd September 2011 07:16 PM
(3rd September 2011 07:13 PM)Nina Wrote:  They're some of my favorites. Mlp-tshock That's lame.

But I doubt I'd have problem playing in Japanese. I did just fine with JUS too. :3
I used a English patch for Jump. For the second one they made sure to announce the Straw Hats as playable first. They use their timeskip designs.

AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodwhy is this happing?Buy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Nina Offline No.1

More info
3rd September 2011 07:18 PM
(3rd September 2011 07:16 PM)Chimera Uprising Wrote:  I used a English patch for Jump. For the second one they made sure to announce the Straw Hats as playable first. They use their timeskip designs.
Awesome. I'll try to pick up the second one if I can.
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
3rd September 2011 07:54 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/27862757/1

I love Robin's reaction in the newest chapter, "If we were all smashed at once, the ocean will be dyed red.".

AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticBananas!JellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Nina Offline No.1

More info
3rd September 2011 08:07 PM
(3rd September 2011 07:54 PM)Chimera Uprising Wrote:  http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/27862757/1

I love Robin's reaction in the newest chapter, "If we were all smashed at once, the ocean will be dyed red.".
I just love those subtle cynical lines that Robin throws. mlp-pgrin
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
4th September 2011 06:35 AM
Jesus. How did they handle Bellemere's death in the 4Kids version? I know they sucked out ALL emotion from ANY scene, but that was some heavy shit.

PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
4th September 2011 07:19 AM
Also why WHY WHY did they make Mihawk french in that dub? Nothing against you French people, but come the on. Why couldn't you make him sound like Bela Lugosi. Sure, It'd still be retarded, but it'd make more fucking sense.

PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
12th September 2011 03:32 AM
I have to hand it to Usopp. He did a pretty good job against Luffy. Mlp-dwinning All this emotion over a boat.

Agree x1 (list)
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
12th September 2011 03:39 AM
(12th September 2011 03:32 AM)Waspinator Wrote:  I have to hand it to Usopp. He did a pretty good job against Luffy. Mlp-dwinning All this emotion over a boat.

Water 7 already? Good job, it's one of the best arcs.

Also Bellemere was sent to prison in the 4kids dub.
[Image: bellemere.jpg]

PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
12th September 2011 07:06 AM
(12th September 2011 03:39 AM)Chimera Uprising Wrote:  [Image: bellemere.jpg]

That pic is the funniest thing I've seen all day.

AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeHeartsUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJelly3spooky5meWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
12th September 2011 10:34 AM
(12th September 2011 07:06 AM)Waspinator Wrote:  That pic is the funniest thing I've seen all day.

It gets much worse.

[Image: Sd_helmeppo.jpg][Image: 4KidsComparison.jpg]
Found a good video.

(This post was last modified: 12th September 2011 10:44 AM by Chimera Uprising.)
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulFabulousPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Nina Offline No.1

More info
12th September 2011 11:57 AM
I still don't get why they simply made some of the guns green...

And what the hay is the point of censoring Luffy having his mouth open? Mlp-tohgod
(This post was last modified: 12th September 2011 12:02 PM by Nina.)
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
12th September 2011 12:21 PM
(12th September 2011 11:57 AM)Nina Wrote:  I still don't get why they simply made some of the guns green...

And what the hay is the point of censoring Luffy having his mouth open? Mlp-tohgod

Because since it's the Marin.. Navy, they need to have squirt guns.

AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJelly3spooky5meWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Nina Offline No.1

More info
12th September 2011 12:28 PM
(12th September 2011 12:21 PM)Chimera Uprising Wrote:  Because since it's the Marin.. Navy, they need to have squirt guns.
[Image: my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg?1308197678]

Yeah makes perfect sense.
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticBananas!JellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedApplejack is the best pony
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
12th September 2011 12:52 PM
(12th September 2011 12:28 PM)Nina Wrote:  [Image: my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg?1308197678]

Yeah makes perfect sense.

4Kids logic.

PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Nina Offline No.1

More info
12th September 2011 01:54 PM
The mouth thing makes less sense though.

Do they think that Luffy's mouth is too scary for kids (durr) or something? It looks scarier closed like that to me. Mlp-pderp
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
12th September 2011 03:04 PM
(12th September 2011 01:54 PM)Nina Wrote:  The mouth thing makes less sense though.

Do they think that Luffy's mouth is too scary for kids (durr) or something? It looks scarier closed like that to me. Mlp-pderp

I wish I could tell you, 4Kids have ruined any chances of OP doing well in America. Europe eventually gets translations of all the OP games, but never America, because of fucking 4Kids.

PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Colonel_Luxray Offline Eat Your Hamburgers Apolo

More info
12th September 2011 03:12 PM
(12th September 2011 03:04 PM)Chimera Uprising Wrote:  I wish I could tell you, 4Kids have ruined any chances of OP doing well in America. Europe eventually gets translations of all the OP games, but never America, because of fucking 4Kids.

I know it's not the same anime but, 4kids...

Hey guys, who wants a jelly doughnut? It looks just like a riceball and in no way has any jelly or wheat in it, but hey, it's a jelly doughnut!

That scene confused the hell outta me as a kid.
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
12th September 2011 03:17 PM
(12th September 2011 03:12 PM)Colonel_Luxray Wrote:  I know it's not the same anime but, 4kids...

Hey guys, who wants a jelly doughnut? It looks just like a riceball and in no way has any jelly or wheat in it, but hey, it's a jelly doughnut!

That scene confused the hell outta me as a kid.

I like the look Pikachu gives Ash, as if saying "Just play along.".

PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Nina Offline No.1

More info
12th September 2011 03:22 PM
Sigh... If they're going to change something (which is bad in the first place if it isn't approved by the original creators which is super rare...) why can't they do it in a way that makes sense in the context?
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Tim:E Offline Eloquencher the thirst

More info
12th September 2011 04:26 PM
Usopp, Zolo, Sanji.

Fucking bawse.

Also the 4Kids version made me laugh, such bad editing!

[Image: tumblr_mxh28dK5vX1swzth2o1_400.gif]
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
12th September 2011 04:45 PM
(12th September 2011 04:26 PM)Tim:E Wrote:  Usopp, Zolo, Sanji.

Fucking bawse.

Also the 4Kids version made me laugh, such bad editing!

Mlp-awhine

PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
12th September 2011 11:08 PM
BTW, how did Luffy beat Crocodile in the edited version? No blood = no beating Crocodile. Speaking of stupid edits, they cut out Laboon apparently so what the hell would have happened with Brook?
You know what? I'm asking too much. I'm just REAAALLY glad they stopped dubbing that shit before the arc I'm in now.

PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
12th September 2011 11:16 PM
(12th September 2011 11:08 PM)Waspinator Wrote:  BTW, how did Luffy beat Crocodile in the edited version? No blood = no beating Crocodile. Speaking of stupid edits, they cut out Laboon apparently so what the hell would have happened with Brook?
You know what? I'm asking too much. I'm just REAAALLY glad they stopped dubbing that shit before the arc I'm in now.

Human sweat.

Fun, right?

Where are you?

PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
12th September 2011 11:51 PM
I think I left off when Luffy was going against Franky.
In case you're wondering about me knowing about Brook I have my brother who keeps up with One Piece and told me about him and his depressing ass backstory (seriously, every character...) when he was introduced.
That and I don't live under a rock

(This post was last modified: 12th September 2011 11:53 PM by Waspinator.)
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodwhy is this happing?Buy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
13th September 2011 08:42 PM
(12th September 2011 11:51 PM)Waspinator Wrote:  I think I left off when Luffy was going against Franky.
In case you're wondering about me knowing about Brook I have my brother who keeps up with One Piece and told me about him and his depressing ass backstory (seriously, every character...) when he was introduced.
That and I don't live under a rock
The thing about being a OP fan is that there is no spoiler warnings.

4chan went crazy near the end of the Marine Ford arc.

AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJelly3spooky5meWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some applesROLL FIZZLEBEEF!
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)