Pokemon
Lammy Offline sealed to preserve flavor

More info
1st July 2011 01:13 AM

You hear that? That's the best intro song in the whole series.

Discuss Pokemon here I guess.
Agree x1 (list)
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticBananas!JellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Snake Away Retired Staff

More info
1st July 2011 01:14 AM
My avatar is Weavile.
No further post is necessary.
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Why485 Offline Petals in the wind

More info
1st July 2011 01:26 AM
TV Show is crap. The comics are far better for reasons that I explain and covered in this exceedingly long document.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vm-7...y=CJ3fkb8N

Quick excerpt from the beginning of it.

[Image: Jkwff.jpg]

Pokemon Special/Adventures is the best thing to happen to Pokemon since the games themselves. The comics are so much better than the show it's infuriating that the show will forever cockblock the the comics from getting their own show.

The comics are split into distinct story arcs, each story arc roughly representing a different generation of the games. Time also passes as the series goes on. Red starts the series as a 12 year old. By the end of Emerald, he and the rest of the first generation characters are 16-17 years old.

While they still are primarily aimed at a younger audience, the comics maintain much more mature themes than the show, and even the games. It starts out pretty simplistic and a little childish, but as the series goes on the events that take place in the world put the main characters in pretty serious situations.
(This post was last modified: 1st July 2011 01:27 AM by Why485.)
Informative x1 (list)
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Sploich Offline Brony +

More info
1st July 2011 02:30 AM
I don't have 2.B.A. Master on my iTunes.

Wait, did you ask that?

'Cause I totally don't.

mlp-tawkward
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeHeartsUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticBananas!JellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Patroclus Rex Offline Banished

More info
1st July 2011 07:10 AM
(1st July 2011 02:30 AM)Sploich Wrote:  I don't have 2.B.A. Master on my iTunes.

Wait, did you ask that?

'Cause I totally don't.

mlp-tawkward

I know that feel bro, I don't have the entire Red/Blue soundtrack on mine.
Agree x1 (list)
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Snake Away Retired Staff

More info
1st July 2011 07:12 AM
I have the Lavender Town theme on my iPod.
And I listen to it on a regular basis.
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Azure Away arf

More info
1st July 2011 07:38 AM
i wanna be the very best
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Terton Offline Renegade Rock

More info
1st July 2011 07:43 AM
Pokemon was the big thing when I was like... I don't know, 5, 6 or 7... now I just think 'can they not just let it die already'.

Seriously, how many types of Pokemon are there now... and people still wanna "catch em all".

The franchise is just crap to me now.
Agree x2 (list)
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJelly3spooky5meWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some applesROLL FIZZLEBEEF!
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Snake Away Retired Staff

More info
1st July 2011 07:44 AM
(1st July 2011 07:43 AM)Derpy Herpgineer Wrote:  Pokemon was the big thing when I was like... I don't know, 5, 6 or 7... now I just think 'can they not just let it die already'.

Seriously, how many types of Pokemon are there now... and people still wanna "catch em all".

The franchise is just crap to me now.

Mlp-trage
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeHeartsUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some applesROLL FIZZLEBEEF!
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
1st July 2011 07:45 AM
(1st July 2011 07:44 AM)SNAKExCHARMER Wrote:  Mlp-trage

Eyup. Rage for me.
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Snake Away Retired Staff

More info
1st July 2011 07:49 AM
(1st July 2011 07:45 AM)Derpy Herpgineer Wrote:  Eyup. Rage for me.

I'm satisfied knowing I am god of the Pokemon games.
Sa-parrot
Disagree x1 (list)
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodwhy is this happing?Buy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
1st July 2011 07:50 AM
(1st July 2011 07:49 AM)SNAKExCHARMER Wrote:  I'm satisfied knowing I am god of the Pokemon games.
Sa-parrot

You keep telling yourself that. mlp-pgrin
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodwhy is this happing?Buy some applesROLL FIZZLEBEEF!
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Snake Away Retired Staff

More info
1st July 2011 07:51 AM
(1st July 2011 07:50 AM)Derpy Herpgineer Wrote:  You keep telling yourself that. mlp-pgrin

I have the record to prove it.
AWW YEAH
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJelly3spooky5meWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some applesROLL FIZZLEBEEF!
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
1st July 2011 07:52 AM
(1st July 2011 07:51 AM)SNAKExCHARMER Wrote:  I have the record to prove it.
AWW YEAH

You keep records like that? Interesting.
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Snake Away Retired Staff

More info
1st July 2011 07:53 AM
(1st July 2011 07:52 AM)Derpy Herpgineer Wrote:  You keep records like that? Interesting.

Online battle records are saved automatically.
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Sploich Offline Brony +

More info
1st July 2011 09:12 AM
(1st July 2011 07:10 AM)Patroclus Rex Wrote:  I know that feel bro, I don't have the entire Red/Blue soundtrack on mine.

Nonono, the 8-bit score from the original games was amazing. 2.B.A. Master was awful, lazy 90s pop shlock made to promote the TV series...

...and I love every track... Mlp-rsad
Agree x1 (list)
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodwhy is this happing?Buy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Rasrap Smurf Offline Pegasus

More info
1st July 2011 11:29 AM
As I was writing for this thread before my computer so rudely decided to turn off to self-update last night:

I still play the games but I went off the series years ago. I recently rewatched some of the first couple of series, and I have to say that it got really boring really fast after the first series.
The first one was full of building up to the first movie (which was disappointing) ny giving little peeks at mewtwo escaping etc.
Plus I loved it more then Giovanni was mysterious, and as far as I know the
St. Anne > Lost at sea > Island of giant Pokémon
was the only bunch of episodes that ever directly carried on from each other. While I'm not a big fan of story arcs carrying in very long, those are definitely my favourite episodes.

I've never read the manga.
As for the games, I really enjoy them, but nothing sucks the fun out of them more than posting online about them, only to have some competitive battler with a superiority complex nagging me about how I'm not playing the game right or not using the best Pokémon. And saying how the newer games are clearly superior, and dismissing any opinion otherwise as "dumb nostalgia goggles".

My favourite games are Gold/Silver/Crystal/HeartGold/SoulSilver and my favourite Pokémon is Murkrow.

Because Murkrow is awesome.
(This post was last modified: 1st July 2011 11:32 AM by Rasrap Smurf.)
Informative x1 (list)
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJelly2spoopyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Snake Away Retired Staff

More info
1st July 2011 02:50 PM
(1st July 2011 11:29 AM)Rasrap Smurf Wrote:  As I was writing for this thread before my computer so rudely decided to turn off to self-update last night:

I still play the games but I went off the series years ago. I recently rewatched some of the first couple of series, and I have to say that it got really boring really fast after the first series.
The first one was full of building up to the first movie (which was disappointing) ny giving little peeks at mewtwo escaping etc.
Plus I loved it more then Giovanni was mysterious, and as far as I know the
St. Anne > Lost at sea > Island of giant Pokémon
was the only bunch of episodes that ever directly carried on from each other. While I'm not a big fan of story arcs carrying in very long, those are definitely my favourite episodes.

I've never read the manga.
As for the games, I really enjoy them, but nothing sucks the fun out of them more than posting online about them, only to have some competitive battler with a superiority complex nagging me about how I'm not playing the game right or not using the best Pokémon. And saying how the newer games are clearly superior, and dismissing any opinion otherwise as "dumb nostalgia goggles".

My favourite games are Gold/Silver/Crystal/HeartGold/SoulSilver and my favourite Pokémon is Murkrow.

Because Murkrow is awesome.

I used to love my Honchkrow... Mlp-fsad
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some applesROLL FIZZLEBEEF!
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
1st July 2011 03:13 PM
I never really watched the show past season 2.

I've seen bits and pieces of the recent seasons and I can say I'm not impressed.
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Sploich Offline Brony +

More info
1st July 2011 03:55 PM
You lose if Episode #25: Pikachu's Good-Bye made you cry like a bitch.

Spoiler:
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeHeartsUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticBananas!JellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
1st July 2011 04:12 PM
(1st July 2011 02:50 PM)SNAKExCHARMER Wrote:  I used to love my Honchkrow... Mlp-fsad

I don't really like Honchkrow. I don't really get it. Murkrow is supposed to be a witch, since it has the hat and its tail is like a broomstick.

But then it evolves into a mafia don? Murkrow has been retconned into an awesome evil cackling bird to a henchman for the mafia.

:(
Edit:
(1st July 2011 03:55 PM)Sploich Wrote:  You lose if Episode #25: Pikachu's Good-Bye made you cry like a bitch.

Spoiler:

I think it did a bit, but I recall the one were Butterfree leaves being sad too.
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some applesROLL FIZZLEBEEF!
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Sploich Offline Brony +

More info
1st July 2011 04:22 PM
One time my family was at a restaurant and there was a guy doing balloon animals. My cousin asked for a Squirtle and the guy actually knew what he was talking about. He made a decent Squirtle balloon animal, but he tied off the balloon at the crotch, giving a whole new meaning to the character's name.
Funny x1 (list)
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Snake Away Retired Staff

More info
1st July 2011 04:26 PM
(1st July 2011 04:12 PM)Rasrap Smurf Wrote:  

I don't really like Honchkrow. I don't really get it. Murkrow is supposed to be a witch, since it has the hat and its tail is like a broomstick.

But then it evolves into a mafia don? Murkrow has been retconned into an awesome evil cackling bird to a henchman for the mafia.

:(
Edit:

I think it did a bit, but I recall the one were Butterfree leaves being sad too.

I got rid of it because it was Flying/Dark, meaning its defense against Fighting attacks is weaker compared to other Flying types.
I ended up just using Salamence Mlp-pshrug
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticBananas!JellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
1st July 2011 04:30 PM
Darn competitive battlers Mlp-tsquint
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulWishful ThinkingPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodwhy is this happing?Buy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Snake Away Retired Staff

More info
1st July 2011 04:51 PM
I had to design 7 different teams with different Pokemon in each, so I wanted them perfect mlp-phappy
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
1st July 2011 04:56 PM
I've started working on a competitive team.

So far I have one Pokémon on level 1 that I intend to EV train when and if I can be bothered and when I've decided on the rest of the team.

I'm thinking a rain dance team but I dunno.
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Roboshi Offline The Science Guy

More info
1st July 2011 06:10 PM
I've managed to get all legitimate pokemon up to this point, which is something like 684 or something like that. (I'm missing genosect, Kelpie and menoetta which are event pokemon)
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
1st July 2011 06:48 PM
I have one of every single Pokémon from the 4th gen. Haven't got Black or White yet. (Apparently there's not going to be a Gray?)

Not including the unobtainable ones like Celebi. (Those not including Mew, Manaphy and Jirachi)
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
1st July 2011 06:58 PM
(1st July 2011 04:12 PM)Rasrap Smurf Wrote:  

[Image: 198.png]

That isn't a witch's hat.
Disagree x2 Agree x1 (list)
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Azure Away arf

More info
3rd July 2011 09:51 AM
(1st July 2011 03:55 PM)Sploich Wrote:  You lose if Episode #25: Pikachu's Good-Bye made you cry like a bitch.

Spoiler:

i cant believe i can remember that i cried.

by the way, charizard is fucking badass
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticBananas!Green with EnvySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Sploich Offline Brony +

More info
3rd July 2011 05:09 PM
Silly Ryuken, that's not how you spell "Squirtle."

[Image: 34126052.jpg]
Disagree x1 (list)
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
3rd July 2011 05:11 PM
(3rd July 2011 05:09 PM)Sploich Wrote:  Silly Ryuken, that's not how you spell "Squirtle."

[Image: 34126052.jpg]

Nah, those in the know say Charmander is the way to go.
Agree x1 (list)
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Sploich Offline Brony +

More info
3rd July 2011 05:15 PM
(3rd July 2011 05:11 PM)randomnewfag Wrote:  Nah, those in the know say Charmander is the way to go.

Dragons are fine, but I always chose Squirtle for two reasons:
1) The first gym was rock, and water is rock's weakness.
2) I knew one day he'd become this:

[Image: Blastoise_anime_RE_The_Opposite_Post-s63...170170.jpg]

And that's pretty awesome.
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJelly3spooky5meWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodwhy is this happing?Buy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
3rd July 2011 05:18 PM
[Image: E6cT8.jpg]

That is all.
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeHeartsUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
3rd July 2011 05:22 PM
(3rd July 2011 05:15 PM)Sploich Wrote:  Dragons are fine, but I always chose Squirtle for two reasons:
1) The first gym was rock, and water is rock's weakness.
2) I knew one day he'd become this:

[Image: Blastoise_anime_RE_The_Opposite_Post-s63...170170.jpg]

And that's pretty awesome.

Yes, but does Blastoise become a giant dragon that absolutely fucks your shit if you're not careful?

I beat most of the elite four with a level 70 Charizard and one or two level 50s.
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Sploich Offline Brony +

More info
3rd July 2011 05:24 PM
Wait a minute, how have we gone this long without either of these videos on here:

AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeHeartsUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
3rd July 2011 05:26 PM
(3rd July 2011 05:22 PM)randomnewfag Wrote:  Yes, but does Blastoise become a giant dragon that absolutely fucks your shit if you're not careful?

I beat most of the elite four with a level 70 Charizard and one or two level 50s.

My Blastoise allowed me to easily catch Mewtwo with a Great Ball.
Bad spelling x1 (list)
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJelly2spoopyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some applesROLL FIZZLEBEEF!
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
3rd July 2011 05:26 PM
(3rd July 2011 05:15 PM)Sploich Wrote:  1) The first gym was rock, and water is rock's weakness.

Bulbasaur is super effective against the first gym too.

And the second one as a matter of fact. Your argument is invalid.
Optimistic x1 (list)
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Aperture Fan Away Dies, died, will die.

More info
3rd July 2011 05:36 PM
Why is Brock the only black person in the world?

Shameless self-advertisement: Click me and read my story pls
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJelly2spoopyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some applesROLL FIZZLEBEEF!
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
3rd July 2011 05:37 PM
Did nobody else realise that the starter was a sort of difficulty setting? Bulbasaur grows the fastest and is strong against the first two gyms, Squirtle grows at a medium rate and is strong against the first gym but not the second, and Charmander grows the slowestand is weak against the first two gyms.
Come on, someone else must have seen that? In fact, I'm sure that was official, but I can't recall the source.
Edit:
(3rd July 2011 05:36 PM)Aperture Fan Wrote:  Why is Brock the only black person in the world?

Not in the new games. Plus we can't be sure he's even black, he looks more like a Chinese-Mexican.
Funny x1 (list)
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
3rd July 2011 05:42 PM
(3rd July 2011 05:37 PM)Patroclus Rex Wrote:  Did nobody else realise that the starter was a sort of difficulty setting? Bulbasaur grows the fastest and is strong against the first two gyms, Squirtle grows at a medium rate and is strong against the first gym but not the second, and Charmander grows the slowestand is weak against the first two gyms.
Come on, someone else must have seen that? In fact, I'm sure that was official, but I can't recall the source.

While I'm sure that's true, is is a bit silly to have a difficulty setting that your players aren't even aware they chose.
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Ellie Away - ̮ ̮-

More info
3rd July 2011 05:42 PM
(3rd July 2011 05:36 PM)Aperture Fan Wrote:  Why is Brock the only black person in the world?

I thought he was chinese
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
3rd July 2011 05:50 PM
(3rd July 2011 05:42 PM)Gunpocket Wrote:  I thought he was chinese

I never seen a chinese like that in these parts... 'cept... him Mlp-apanic
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
SM64Guy Offline Retired Staff

More info
3rd July 2011 11:11 PM

Hey look, it's Tommy Wiseau!
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Frost Offline We are building a religion

More info
5th July 2011 09:54 PM

Loved pokemon as a kid. Still enjoy now.

Love the idea of people going around capturing powerful monsters.

When I was little I thought Pokemon were real.
Winner x1 (list)
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Sploich Offline Brony +

More info
6th July 2011 06:08 AM
A couple more memorable songs from 2.B.A. Master. They're not necessarily good songs, but damn it THE NOSTALGIA:

PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Snake Away Retired Staff

More info
6th July 2011 06:20 AM
Am I the only who didn't give a shit about the show?
All I did was play the games.
And kicked ass at them.
Informative x1 (list)
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJelly3spooky5meWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
6th July 2011 06:33 AM
I never actually beat the originals.

My excuse is I was 5 when I had them and had no clue what to do.
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Snake Away Retired Staff

More info
6th July 2011 06:36 AM
Yellow version and Silver version masterrace
Agree x1 (list)
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJelly2spoopyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Sploich Offline Brony +

More info
6th July 2011 06:47 AM
In my life I have owned Blue, Red, Yellow (w/GBC), Stadium (it counts), LeafGreen and Platinum. I only still have the latter two and I haven't really played Platinum all that much. I did "beat" Red, but I never got all 151.

I actually got Platinum on eBay for like $15 the week it came out, when it was $35 in stores. It wasn't a bootleg or anything, it was 100% legit. Never understood that but I'll take a deal when I can get it.

(6th July 2011 06:20 AM)SNAKExCHARMER Wrote:  Am I the only who didn't give a shit about the show?
All I did was play the games.
And kicked ass at them.

I was far more into that show than I'm willing to admit here (says the guy who's embeded several songs from the show's soundtrack album). When Gold/Silver came out I sort of lost interest in Pokémon, both the games and the show.
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJelly3spooky5meWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)